Are you a foodie? Are you constantly on the hunt for the best new vegan eats, products, and cookbooks? Does spending your day looking at amazing vegan food in a fast-paced work environment sound like your kind of job? If so, then today is your lucky day because One Green Planet is looking for somebody like you.
We’re a platform for the growing compassionate and eco-conscious generation.Advertisement
We are the fastest growing (and largest!) independent publishing platform focused on sustainable food, animal welfare issues, environmental protection, and cruelty-free/green living. If that’s not enough, we also just happen to be the biggest vegan/plant-based food and recipe site on the Internet with the largest vegan food app. If you want to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity, these jobs are for you!
Here Are Our Food-tastic Opportunities:
We currently have three opportunities (based in NYC) open in our Food Monster category for anyone who thinks they have what it takes to be a part of the best vegan food team in the multiverse.
Learn more about the roles and responsibilities below:
This is a part-time role with a weekly stipend that will require you to work from our NYC office. Duties include but are not limited to research, administrative tasks, data entry, writing, idea generation, social media, eating snacks, and more.Advertisement
Are you looking to build your writing and communication skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of vegan food? Then, One Green Planet’s Fellowship Program is for you. This is an intensive three-month long, full-time paid opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Fellows are typically recent college graduates or candidates with none or limited prior work experience in the space who are looking to start a career in the area of their passion. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the team and become an essential part of the day-to-day functions of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers. Duties include but are not limited to research, administrative tasks, data entry, writing, idea generation, social media, marketing/sales, working on tech projects and more.
Fellows are on a track to get hired for full-time roles, depending on their performance and job availability.
3. Editorial Assistant
We have two full-time openings that offer a competitive salary and benefits package. This candidates must have least 1-3 and 2-5 years respectively of prior relevant work experience. This is an ideal role for a vegan food/natural health obsessed, energetic, digitally savvy editor with strong news judgment to help steer our editorial and news coverage. We’re looking for someone who can own our editorial voice and bring it to life in all of our content. Not only would they uphold current standards but they would continue to evolve and improve them.
- Copy-edit, proofread and review articles written by our in-house and freelance writing team to meet our style and editorial standards.
- Generate story ideas and exercise creativity in how to cover the news and features intelligently and nimbly with a very small staff.
- Produce accurate, concise copy by fact-checking health claims.
- Recruit, manage and coach freelancer writers
and review their performance.
- Focus on breaking news related to popular culture and consumer trends. Understanding how to create original reporting by contacting sources and getting quotes.
- Research, write and general ideas for feature articles on most relevant topics, showcasing trending/seasonal themes and concepts.
- Execute editorial and strategy, content creation, and editorial calendar.
- Collaborate on projects to increase audience retention and engagement.
- Leverage data and insights to set goals, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy.
- Editorial coordination, including planning and communicating with editorial team members, and relationships with partner organizations/companies.
- Maintain standards in editing rigor and accuracy, and making sure content is in top notch shape!
4. Ad Sales Executive
This is an exciting position for an intelligent and savvy ad sales professional looking to help lead monetization efforts for a fast-growing media start up with a passionate and engaged audience. This role will be responsible for selling custom sponsorships, native advertising and premium advertising, directly to agencies and advertisers that are aligned with our content-focus and mission. The candidate will be expected to have agency contacts but will also simultaneously build a pipeline of endemic advertisers and execute direct deals. They will be critical in developing the ad sales strategy for the company from scratch (pitches, presentations, packages, etc) and be able to independently execute against this plan with minimal support.Advertisement Advertisement
- 2-5+ years of online ad sales experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing, maintaining and growing sound relationships with advertisers and agencies.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals
- Should be able to build out a sales pipeline from scratch, prospect and pitch clients. Someone that knows how to get things done and hustle.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and high energy environment but also motivated to grow and build their ad sales team.
- A demonstrated passion for and/or previous experience in the natural/organic/sustainable/green products industry.
- Must have existing agency contacts.
How to Apply:
Send an email to
[email protected] and make sure you
add the position of your interest in the subject of the email and include your:
Cover letter: tell us about your skills and passion and what makes you perfect for the position and a good fit for the company
Writing/Editing samples: if you are applying for an editorial role
Ideas: 3-5 creative ideas for our Food Monster category (if you are applying for an editorial role
Salary expectation: for the Full time role
- Are based NYC/the Tri-State area.
- Love vegan food, animals and are eco-savvy.
- Want to build something you can be proud of for years to come.
- Are entrepreneurial, responsible and collaborative.
- Function well in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, communicate well, and understand startup hustle.
- Are not scared of working long hours and going above and beyond.
- Are not looking to create a portfolio of bylined pieces, or a platform upon which to develop your personal brand, or a day job to support your side hustle. Nothing wrong with any of those pursuits but you want to collaborate with liked-minded people and build something great together.
- Embrace diversity and allow everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Comfortable working in small team and wearing multiple hats.
By being part of our team you not only get to make a difference in the world by actively pursuing your passions, you also get to work in our awesome eco-friendly New York City office which offers free stress-busting sessions with Goji the dog, our Chief Happiness Officer. Other benefits include free vegan snacks and fun times every day! And did we mention that we are mere footsteps away from a plethora of vegan lunch options? Hello!
Source : http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/hiring-vegan-food/